What is a Food & History Tour?
This tour will provide you with a history of Oswego through time while admiring the many historic structures on our walk. You will also enjoy many edible samples of privately owned restaurants and businesses.BOOK A TOUR
- When: Thursday, Friday, & Saturdays
- Cost: $45.00
- What's included: All food tastings and guided tour
- Who: Participants must be comfortable walking 1.5 miles over a 3 hour period of time
- Capacity: 12
- Wear: Comfortable clothing & shoes. If rain is forecasted bring rain gear. If snow is forecasted or on the ground wear boots and snow gear.
- Weather: Tours take place rain or shine. If it snows heavily or ices, a tour can be cancelled by the guide. If the guide cancels due to extreme weather you will receive a full refund.
Our Tasting Itinerary
- LaParrilla - for soup am tour- the Cutting Board -healthy option
- Oswego Bagelry & Sandwich Shop - bagel & creamcheese
- The Cellar Door Brewing Co.- micro brew (not on am tour)
- Water Street Cafe - Thurston Howell Salad am tour - Maria's Family Restaurant -cinnamon roll pancake
- Cupcakers - gourmet cupcake
- Chelle's Bake Shop - pastry
- Red Sun - wood fired pizza am tour - Port City Cafe - breakfast burrito
- Taste the World - coffee (afagato)
- Man in the Moon Candies - truffle
- Dino's House of Burgers - burger, mac & cheese
Where We Begin
The tour start in the YMCA (not Armory) parking lot.
Our Historic Walk
We walk towards Utica St. Bridge to the train bridge, then backtrack thru the municipal buildings and down 1st Street. After LaParilla we walk up Bridge St. to 5th St. across the top of Historic Franklin Square and down W. 1st St. for the rest of our tastings and a peek at the historic light house.