What is a Food & History Tour?
This tour will provide you with a history of Oswego through time while admiring the many historic structures on our walk. You will also enjoy many edible samples of privately owned restaurants and businesses.
changes due to COVID-19
Tour size: min. 3 max 6
Only one family group per booking
What is a Short-Cut Tour?
Much less walking but the same amount of tasting with Historical
& local stories along the way.
- When: Thursday, Friday, & Saturdays
- Cost: $50.00
- What's included: All food tastings and guided tour
- Who: Participants must be comfortable walking 1.5 miles over a 3 hour period of time
- Capacity: 6
- Wear: Comfortable clothing & shoes. If rain is forecasted bring rain gear.
- Weather: Tours take place rain or shine.
The Short-cut Tour
The tour starts in the parking lot at the corner of West Cayuga St. and W. 1st St.
Our Historic Walk
The short cut tour starts at a different parking lot and cuts out the walk around historic Franklin Square but includes all the tastings. The amount of walking is minimal.
The Food & History Tour
The tour starts in the concrete parking lot next to Bridie Manor near the Oswego River.
Our Historic Walk
We walk towards Utica St. Bridge to the train bridge, then backtrack thru the municipal buildings and down 1st Street. After LaParilla we walk up Bridge St. to 5th St. across the top of Historic Franklin Square and down W. 1st St. for the rest of our tastings and a peek at the historic light house.
Our Tasting Menu of Possibilities
- The Connection Point - coffee & gift shop
- Man in the Moon Candies - Quality candy for today's generation
- Nora’s - healthy selections made from healthy ingredients
- The Cutting Board - Specialty sandwich shop
- LaParrilla - Quaint Mediterranean-style bistro with a selection of farm-fresh fare
- Oswego Bagelry - Bagel creamcheese
- J & J Cafe - coffee & bake shop
- Water Street Cafe - Sassy menu with ecletic atmosphere
- Chelle's Bake Shop - Savory sweet delites
- Red Sun - Wood fired kitchen with chef prepared meals